July 2012 Newsletter
18th Jul 2012
Have you liked us yet? If not, just look at our business page. If you like us you will be notified of our daily specials, we have recipes, pictures and news of what’s happening. Also don’t forget you will be entered into our prize draw for a meal in our restaurant.
Small Favourites Menu
You may have read in the last couple of newsletters we launched a new style of menu. It was a tapas style menu designed for a less informal way to do lunch. Unfortunately it divided opinion completely, those who like it, loved it and those who didn’t, well enough to say we have decided to go back to our more traditional style of lunch menu. We are still offering the light lunch menu with three courses just £10, the menu changes almost daily to incorporate what is local and in season.
First Service & Set Lunch Menu
Lunch 12-2pm Tuesday – Saturday, Dinner 6-7pm Tuesday – Friday
- Falafel, Cucumber Salsa, Minted Yoghurt, Homemade Pitta Bread*
- Smoked Mackerel Pate, Tomato Chutney, Toasted Focaccia*
- Pigeon Salad, Crispy Bacon, Soft Poached Egg, Focaccia Crisp*
These dishes are available as a starter or main course size
- Fresh English Pea & Ham Hock Risotto, Pea Cress Salad*
- Fresh Egg Linguini with Chicken, Pork, Chorizo & Olive Ragu, Shaved Parmesan & Rocket*
- Heirloom Tomato & Buffalo Mozzarella, Pesto & Wild Rocket Salad*
- Belvoir Beer Battered, Responsibly Sourced Fish & Hand Cut Chips, Homemade Mushy Peas, Tartar Sauce
- Tart Fine, Roasted Mediterranean Vegetables, Goats Cheese Fondant, Wild Rocket
- Flank Steak Cheese Burger, Homemade Onion Focaccia, Sweetcorn Relish, Skinny Fries
- Pan Roast Chicken, Peas, Lardons, Pearl Onions, Gem Hearts Potato Gnocchi
- Honey Roast Ham, Fried Cotswold Legbar Eggs, Hand Cut Chips, HP Sauce*
- Chocolate & Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sundae
- Vanilla Panacotta, Red Berry Compote, Shortbread*
- Chocolate Mousse Cake Chocolate Ice Cream*
- Cropwell Bishop Stilton & Vintage Lincolnshire Poacher, Accompaniments (£2 Supplement)
- A Selection of Home Made Ice Creams & Sorbets*
£15.00 Three Courses
£12.50 Two Courses
*£10 for our light lunch, three smaller courses (only at lunch)
What’s In Season?
The continent is enjoying a much better summer then we are this year and as a result the peaches, nectarines & cherries are fantastic right now. We will be featuring cherries with duck, peaches will make a showing somewhere on the desserts.
French, runner & broad beans are all coming through from a bit closer than the usual stuff that comes from Zimbabwe. English runner beans are much fatter and juicer & the broad beans lose a lot of the normally associated bitterness.
Fancy treating yourself? What better way to do it then indulging in a luxurious lobster dish? Never a cheap option, but at the moment the quality is fantastic. The warmer waters make them more lively and they move into shallower waters making them easier to catch, so there should be more to choose from. We go for ones about 800g in weight, and will be offering them in a variety of ways, but expect them to be around the £28 mark for a main course.